AR is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-pressure pumps, parts, accessories, and other cleaning products. In an increasingly competitive market, the company sought the expertise of a Fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to enhance its digital presence and sales across various channels. This case study examines the work I completed in my 3 years working with the company.
The primary objectives of the Fractional CMO were to:
- Improve the online presence of AR through the redesign of their B2B and B2C websites.
- Expand the company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) efforts across multiple channels.
- Optimize and manage their presence on major e-commerce platforms, including Amazon, Walmart, and Home Depot.
- Work with Product Development to provide feedback on products in the marketplace by delivering review feedback and relevant competitor information.
- Support sales with tradeshow marketing.
Strategies and Implementation
Website Redesign B2B Website
I collaborated with an agency partner to redesign the B2B website. The goal was to create a more engaging and user-friendly experience for business clients.
B2C Website and E-commerce
The B2C website was revamped, and WooCommerce was integrated to add e-commerce functionality. Introduced upselling techniques during checkout, aiming to increase the average order value (AOV).
The Fractional CMO supported sales through various DTC channels, including:
- Retail marketing
- Social media
- Public relations
DTC channels included QVC, Menards, and Ace Hardware, among others.
E-commerce Platform Management
The Fractional CMO managed the Vendor Central store and vendor relationship. They revamped the Amazon store by:
- Updating descriptions, formatting, and keywords.
- Adding new images.
- Implementing an automated process for identifying and responding to reviews.
In addition to the Vendor Central account, a Seller Central account was opened to sell additional products. The Fractional CMO managed promotions like Amazon Prime Day and Lightning Deals.
Opened walmart.com storefront to expand AR’s online presence and sales channels.
Opened homedepot.com storefront further increasing its visibility and sales opportunities.
The Fractional CMO monitored competitors to ensure AR’s offerings remained competitive and well-positioned in the market.
- Enhanced online presence through the redesigned B2B and B2C websites, resulting in an improved user experience and increased engagement.
- Expansion into new DTC channels, leading to increased brand awareness and sales.
- Optimized e-commerce presence on major platforms, resulting in improved product visibility, better customer engagement, and increased sales.
- Regular monitoring of the competition ensured AR maintained a competitive edge in the market.
My expertise and strategic implementation significantly contributed to AR’s growth. By focusing on website redesigns, expanding DTC efforts, and optimizing their e-commerce platform presence, the company was able to improve its digital footprint, increase sales, and remain competitive in the market.